Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oops...I'm Doin it Again...

Day 2...Post 2

First...a little house keeping...
After EXTENSIVE and EXHAUSTIVE research, trial and MUCH error...you can now subscribe to my blog via email!!! (quick prayer: Thank you Jesus!!) Look to the left and then SUBSCRIBE...please, pretty please with sugar on top??

Ok, the house is clean...now back to blogging

Where did I leave off yesterday??? I can barley remember what I was doing 10 seconds ago... Oh yeah...I was telling you about me. Well...actually...I already told you all of the stuff that you need to know...so let's move on to something else, shall we?

Being the craft addict that I am, you will find a lot of different types of crafts here, including, but not limited to, home improvement/furniture restoration/painting, paper crafts, recycling projects, sewing and, yes, even hair care related posts. As a woman of color, with three daughters, I am ALWAYS in pursuit of a new do' for my girls. So I will also use this blog to highlight my hair crafting skills too...

I guess that now would be the time for a TRUE CONFESSION...Unfortunately...I have VERY FEW original ideas. I am almost ashamed to admit it, but it's true. My main claim to fame is that I am CHEAP and being cheap is what keeps me crafting. Anything that I see that I want, if it costs more than $3.68...I, usually, will NOT buy it. But I will spend $30.00 on supplies so that I can make 200 of them, even though I might only want/need three of them...that would be another symptom of ADHACD (quick prayer: Dear Lord, please deliver me from this obsessive/compulsive behavior...not any time soon...but one day...maybe?).

Whew!!! A HUGE burden has been lifted...You now know my crafty little secret...I fell soooo FREE!!! (quick prayer: Please Lord let them not think less of me...I promise to give credit where credit is due and to provide links to EVERY idea that I copy, I really do...).

Ok...I think I have said enough...Until I post again...

~Marquita

PS: Count ALL mistakes as LOVE...I had some formatting errors and perhaps a few syntax errors on my first post...but....Like a fine wine...I promise to get better with time!!

PPS: Is anyone, besides me, wondering when I am going to post an actual craft/project? Hopefully this weekend...I have a few cards that I have made for my kid's birthday parties. I might start with those and then work my way up to bigger and better things...

1 comment:

  1. Marquita, I feel like I will become addicted to your blog. Recycling projects, Yes Please. My kids force me to recycle EVERYTHING. We have no place to store things until I drive to the Center to drop-off. My mom is an HGTV fanatic. Your blog will give her some things to think about. My aunt made denim purses 2 years ago. It made her cuss, Made her live to regret it. What got my FULLest attention was...Did you say hair care ideas? THANK YOU. The thrill is gone for me & my 8-year-old. Hairy Scary - Renee' W. (Memphis, TN)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online