Friday, January 16, 2009

Almost ready...

I am almost ready to list my first craft project...


This blog is like crack...HIGHLY addictive...I have been deliberating over what to post since my last entry. Funny ain't it...I went from "fear of nothing to post" to "tooooo many ideas and not sure what to post first." So, while I ponder this quandary in which I find myself...I thought I would share with you this email from my mostly cyber friend Carla (we have only met in person one time about 2 years ago). It is one of those "How have I have lived ___ years without knowing this?" emails...


I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil/saran wrap box? You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time. Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end was, "Press here to lock end." Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up. I'm sharing this with my friends. I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

OK...how many of you went to look in your pantries after reading this to check your boxes??? How many of you found out that this was true??? How many of you said to yourself or a loved one..."How have I lived ___ years without knowing this?" PLEASE post a comment and let me know...I have made it almost 39 years without this knowledge and my husband...a few months over 50 years...There is a lesson to be learned here...Stop and smell the roses, but only after you have read the box. (quick prayer: Dear Lord, let them all heed my sage advice: "Smell the roses after you read the box." ~amen)

~Quita
Ms. Stewart if you're Crafty

6 comments:

  1. I'm ahead of you a few years...I realized that was on the box 5 or so years ago...HOWEVER, do I remember it's there and do I use that highly helpful feature? no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I get home, I am going straight to the kitchen. Everyone will find this peculiar behavior since I don't cook on Friday. I truly have to see this "tab lock" before I can believe it. And do the makers really assume we read information printed on cardboard containers? The box may as well be white with no wording, even cereal boxes. Hey, Is there helpful wording on the toilet tissue packaging? I guess I will spend the weekend reading boxes and packages. I feel weird, all these years never noticing what is printed on everyday items. Does this make me an oblivious and preoccupied nitwit, just going through the motions of every day life? I suddenly feel blue. Wait, blue is not a saddening color. It's my favorite color. Blue! I feel better already. Hmmmm, NOTE TO SELF: read the box, smell the roses, then take all cardboard to recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Quita! In my 47+ years I NEVER knew about the Reynolds & Saran wrap secret! This is some of the best news I've heard in a while...I've already emailed it to 10 friends! Please keep up the life enhancing news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beta Comment from Ms. Stewart to see if this REALLY works...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful news!!!! I have spent years squeezing the box shut while I pull the saran wrap out. Unless the box has a box top then why would I bother reading the outside. These manufacturer's urgh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, check the cling wrap box. The roller comes already attached to the box. You can even roll the wrap with the box closed from outside the box.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online