Monday, January 12, 2009

I finally did it...

Hi All and Welcome to my little corner of the information super highway...

I finally did it...I have decided to start my very own blog!! (quick prayer: Please Lord let this NOT be a mistake) My hope is that you will find it most enjoyable and helpful.

Before I tell you more about the blog, let me tell you a little bit about me!!
I have been married for 14 years and I have 4 children (I would use the word "wonderful" to describe them...but I'm not...some days "yes" today..."not so much")-3 girls(11, 6 & 5) and one son(11, poor boy). I have been crafting the majority of my life but have just recently (last 7 years) become ADDICTED...I guess that you could say I have a sock monkey on my back...Unfortunately, I am a compulsive crafter...I have the world's first documented case of ADHACD (Attention Deficit Hyper Active Crafting Disorder). Regretfully, to date there is no medication available and since I don't drink or use illicit street drugs....I can't even self medicate!! What to do...What to do?

The symptoms of ADHACD varies among individuals but the most common and wide spread symptoms are:

1.) EXCESSIVE amounts of craft supplies located in MANY different areas of your house (see pictures). Currently, with the exception of my bathrooms (which is where I like to keep my crafting reading materials), EVERY room/closet in my house contains some item that I have either crafted with, am currently crafting with or am making plans to craft with in the VERY near future.



Exhibit 1-Junk/Supplies in Hubby's office


Exhibit 2-Junk/Supplies in Library. This is one of MANY baskets.


Exhibit 3--Junk/Supplies in Guest Room closet. I dare not show you what's in the chest of drawers or what's under the bed.













2.)You stay up ALL night long crafting. This one is self explanatory...if you don't get it...this is NOT the blog for you. ADHACD sufferers know exactly what I am talking about.

3.) You spend countless hours online looking for new craft's/craft supplies/crafting instructions. Thanks be to God for high speed Internet!!

4.) You are greeted by name by EVERY employee at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann's and in the craft/sewing department at EVERY Walmart within 30 miles of your house, no matter what time of day/night you go. I am ashamed to say how far I have driven for 45mm squiggly eyes. And if I ever find Diamond Glaze within a 100 mile radius...I am planning a road trip! Lord forbid I spend $12 bucks plus $6.95 for shipping and handling to order it online, when I can spent $30 worth of gas and 4 hours worth of time to go and buy it...and possibly...maybe...pick up some other supplies that I don't really need but can talk myself into them because one day I MIGHT need them.

Just in case you were unsure or trying to give me the benefit of the doubt...Yes, I have a problem...A VERY SERIOUS problem...A problem that I would not trade for all of the chocolate in Hershey, PA and Switzerland combined!!

Well...I think I have bored you enough for the day...Good Night...I will continue this real soon...

~Marquita Stewart

2 comments:

  1. You are a very smart young lady. I love your blog. Where do you get such great ideas? Is it in the genes? Your children sound like fun and no dull moments. I bet you have some very proud parents. I subscribed to your blog and am looking forward to getting the updates. Have you ever made blue jean purses? Let me know how that went. God really is very good to us. Pray without ceasing!!!! Vivian S. -- Nash.,Tenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marquita, it is so interesting to know that you struggle with ADHACD. This reveals so much about your personalilty. I wish I had known years ago, because now this explains a lot!!! (LOL) And the suffering through this disorder...I will not pray for your deliverance, I will hope there is NEVER a cure and that others will share in the "misery" of extreme creativity. Thank you for giving of yourself in this way. I'm curious to know, How do your kids feel about your ADHACD? I mean, do they join in the madness? Do they give in to their own compulsion to craft? Are they the reason you have this disorder????? I am not ashamed of you, NO! Rather, I am proud that you are facing this and enlightening us. You are WOW-ing me. May I suggest that you set hesitation aside because this blog can be like self-medication. Craft tirelessly & faint not! DOMINATE, and I will forever support you!! - Oh, I still can't figure out how to post my name, not anonymous. - Renee' W. - Memphis, TN

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online