Tuesday, March 3, 2009

House Keeping...

Here are a few house keeping items...

1. Liquid laundry detergent-As I have said before...I have been making my own detergent for over a year now and there is one thing that I forgot to tell you. I have noticed and you will too, that sometimes the detergent is EXCESSIVELY gelatinous...it is like a solid glob. I have determined that this happens for one or two reasons:

1. Temperature: If it is cold in my house, it tends to be VERY jelly- ish and sometimes difficult to stir.
2. Soap: Since I measure and grate my own bar, I sometimes get more soap than I need. When I do, it comes out very thick and jelly-esq.

The solution to super thick jelly-ish detergent is stirring. If you stir it well, it will still be lumpy but pourable. Another solution is the addition of a store brought detergent. I normally will add 1 or 2 quarts to mine and it gives it a smoother consistency.

2. The prizes, for the contest) are ready to be photographed. I will post the pictures of them tonight.

I think that is all for now...

~Marquita

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online