Monday, February 16, 2009

I MUST be on CRACK...Part 4 The End

For those of you who have been following this from the beginning...thanks for your support!! For those of you who just tuned in...you need to go back and start reading at part 1...'Cause you have missed a lot...and this has been quite a journey!!

This is the conclusion of my "I MUST be on CRACK" story.

Here is a copy of the recipe:
3 1/3 oz calcium carbonate
1 1/2 ounces baking soda
1 tsp. salt
7 tbs. glycerin
3 or 4 drops peppermint essential oil
2 drops green food coloring (optional)

Here are the directions:

1. Mix calcium carbonate, baking soda and salt in a glass bowl. Stir in enough glycerin (1tbs at a time) to make a thick paste.










2. Stir well and add the peppermint oil, drop by drop until you get the desired taste. Add the food coloring and stir.









3. Spoon the paste into a jar or 6 oz pump bottle. Keep in tightly covered. It will dry out!!


Makes about 5 ounces

OK...so here is what I learned during this process:

1. I used more than 7 tbs. of glycerin...I should not have!! Seven would have given it a better consistency. Mine is a little bit to runny, but still usable.
2. I used a LOT more than 4 drops of peppermint oil...I stopped counting after 13...I did it to taste. I wanted mine to be more minty.
3. Any color food coloring will work. I used blue and it is the same color as Crest regular toothpaste.
4. If I ever try this again...I might try cinnamon or spearmint oil.
5. If you put this into a bottle with a pump...YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUMP IT OUT TO USE IT!!









I figured this out from my first attempt (see step 3 under directions) but...I tried it again...and guess what...it still did not work!! So I wound up cutting the bottle in half and putting it into a recycled crest tube. Which worked just lovely...










Sealing the ends was going to be a challenge...but I worked that out by using these 2 butterfly clips.

Here is the final product...Q Paste

Q Paste looks and smells a lot like Crest Regular toothpaste. It tastes a lot like Mentadent. The primary difference is that it costs a LOT more and it does not foam/lather in your mouth. If you are going to make this...I would recommend using a fluoride rinse daily as it contains no fluoride on its own.

I would like to pause here and thank you all for going on this journey with me...I hope that you enjoyed it and that you were able to get a laugh or two out of it...Lord knows I laughed a LOT!!

Thanks...

~Quita

PS: Here are a few updates:
1. To date, Proctor and Gamble have not called. I have answered every call...even when the caller id said "unknown."
2. My husband has not read any of these posts yet...so he still has no idea how much I have spent. Thank God!!!
3. One commenter suggested that the scale could be re-purposed and used for other things...anyone out there want to buy it...I am running a special...buy the scale and get a tube of slightly used home made toothpaste and a bottle of fluoride rinse free!! I would also be willing to swap the scale for 10 tubes of Crest regular toothpaste...just let me know...
4. I have concluded that, "No I am not on crack (at least not the bad illegal substance kind)...I am a tried and TRUE crafter." I craft from the heart (and wallet)...soon to be the poor house...Lord help me and PLEASE pray for me...I NEED it!!

4 comments:

  1. GIRL, YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. WENT ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE AND JUMPED RIGHT OFF INTO THAT TOOTH PASTE TUBE. YOU KNOW YOU WILL TRY ANYTHING ONCE!! YOU ARE ON CRACK, CRAFT CRACK!! THE BEST KIND OF CRACK. MORE POWER TOO YOU!!! I KNOW HOW IT IS, I HAVE AN ADDICTION ALSO. QUILTING---I SEE QUILT PATTERNS EVERY WHERE I GO. BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE WILL MAKE IT THOUGH. LOVE YOUR BLOG. KEEP IT UP. YOU WILL HAVE WORLD DOMINATION ONE DAY!!! LOVE YA -V.SMITH,NASH.,TENN

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was too funny to read. Mainly because I can SO relate! I say you make tons of this stuff and give it away for Christmas! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love ur blog soooooooooo much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did it!! And, goodness, you worked through this with great patience and a sense of humor about it all. I am so impressed. This REALLY proves you are a true crafter (and not on crack). You definitely will achieve world domination. That other Stewart woman is gonna take notice.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online