Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Woman at WORK

OK...so I have once again been negligent to my public...I guess that makes me a Naughty Mommy (I sense a whole new blog coming)!! Well...I have made a decision...My blog is going under construction.

I have seen soooooo many PRETTY blogs out there and...well...frankly...mine is just NOT one of them...I want my blog to be PRETTY too...is that so wrong??? Well I have decided to take matters into my own hands and do something about it...after all, that is the Quita way!!

So I went to the Library...and here is what I found:

Yes...I am a Dummy and I am PROUD of it!! At least I am willing to get some help...So armed with my book, my laptop, a scanner, some scrapbook paper, four kids, a husband, absolutely NO free time and a lot of good ideas...I am off to make my blog look like me...BLACK!!!

Never fear...when I am finished...you are gonna LOVE it...I hope.

Until we meet again...
~Quita

PS. Some of the changes that I want to make are:
1. A pretty background--
DONE!!! (6/17)
2. A box to keep a contest posted in at all times
3. A google search bar so that you can look for things by key word
4. 3 columns of goodness--DONE!! (6/17)

5. A custom signature
6. ANYTHING that you all think I should add to make the site more user friendly!! So drop me a comment or two and let me know what you would like to see on my blog, besides the obvious...more consistent posts... ~Q

PPS. If ANY of you have ANY idea how I can make one or all of the above happen...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know! I am desperate!! ~Q

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, woman! You had me cracking up with your comment left on my blog about the background...haha!

    To answer some of your questions...
    - Looks like you got a pretty background now

    - For the search box, here's a link to something that might work for you:
    http://buzz.blogger.com/2009/06/search-box-gadget-available-to-all.html


    For the 3 columns and custom signature, take a peek at www.thecutestblogsontheblock.com and they'll have instructions for you. They also have some cute backgrounds and instructions for other stuff too!

    Hope that helps. I'm not sure I understand well enough (just not familiar enough) with the box to keep a contest posted in at all times. Have you seen one somewhere else that you can link me to an example of?

    Good luck! You are one funny lady...

    :-) Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I was in the middle of a really long comment about a custom header and 3 columns and my 2 year old decided to push a button and write on the screen with a Sharpie. I'm hoping that you approve your comments before posting and it didn't get lost, but if it's gone let me know and I'll come back and babble some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog totally ROCKS! You are smart, brave, and very clever so I know you will get it ALL DONE!

    Here’s to more happy scrapping, and
    Hugs from the heart,
    Jeanette

    Come scrap your blog with me…
    Easy Custom Blogs

    -:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I'm back and the kids are asleep. :)

    First of all regarding the 3 column thing, I tried using the directions at TCBOTB and it didn't work for me although I have a friend who was able to use them but had to tweak the html. Instead I downloaded a template from here:

    http://webtalks.blogspot.com/2007/04/downlaod-three-column-new-blogger.html

    This guy also has a lot more info on his blog on how to tweak other things so you may find some more answers.

    As far as the custom header, I was able to create one that I feel is okay in Photoshop using a digital scrapbooking kit and my kids pictures. For my 3 column blog I created it to be 12 x 5 inches. Then when I loaded it into blogger I chose for it to go instead of the current title and description and checked the box shrink to fit. Also the Minima template has border lines around the header that do not go away when you upload a new image. In order to get rid of those I went into my html here:

    /* Header
    -----------------------------------------------
    */

    #header-wrapper {
    width:890px;
    margin:0 auto 10px;
    border:0px solid $bordercolor;
    }

    #header {
    margin: 5px;
    border: 0px solid $bordercolor;
    text-align: center;
    color:$pagetitlecolor;
    }

    The border was set at 1 or 2 px and I changed that to 0 and it got rid of the lines.

    I think that's all! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vivian in TennesseeJune 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

    I love the new look. Black truly is beautiful.
    Keep up the good work!!!
    Vivian in Tenn.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online