Saturday, April 4, 2009

Enough is ENOUGH!!!

I am tired y'all...I mean REAL tired!!

Here is a list of some of the things that I am MOST tired of:

1. Bills-BIG ones like our mortgage and little ones like $1 bills. I need more $100 bills in my life...what about you?? I am also sick and tired of people named Bill...you know who I am talking about...Bill Collector, Bill Consolidator, Online Bill-ing, Bill To Sender...they all annoy me!!

2. Kids-My kids, your kids, his kids, her kids, their kids, New Kids on the Block and baby goats!! I am tired of all of the kids in the whole wide world!! Now don't get me wrong...I love my kids to Resse's Pieces and back...but I NEED a break from them!! They have been on spring break for THREE weeks. Sweet Jesus...what does "Year Round School" really mean?? Well I can tell you what it doesn't mean...YEAR ROUND SCHOOL!!! Maybe this should be number 1??

3. Adults-You, me, them, us...ALL of 'em are starting to make me SICK!!

4. Laundry-this is such a vicious cycle!! It never friggin ends!! Do you realize no matter how much laundry you do...you will NEVER have every thing that you own clean at the same time?? Why Lord...WHY??

5. Cleaning-see number 4!! I have come to realize that no matter how much I dust, wash dishes or vacuum...it does not matter but for about 15 seconds! Fifteen seconds is about how long it takes from the time I cut the vacuum cleaner off until all of the dust that I stirred up with the vacuum cleaner settles back onto the furniture and I need to dust again! And dishes are such a SCAM! Who needs 'em?? As soon as you use it...it's dirty and you have to wash it...a vicious cycle I say...A VICIOUS CYCLE!!!

6. Cooking-What's the point?? Are we ever really full?? And it is soooo time consuming...I mean really, you spend two hours cooking and the food is eaten in 13 seconds. And then the next question out of someones mouth (usually number 2) is, "Whats for dessert?" H-E-L-L-O...didn't you just finish eating?? And now you want more food...that I am going to have to prepare??? NOT!!!

(side note: Number 2 just came into my room running full speed. She stopped right next to me and started hopping on one foot while panting "Mommy!! Momm-yyy!! MOMMY." I asked her what she wanted and her answer was, "I just wanted to say Hi." Understand now why number 2 should actually be number 1???)
7. Sleeping-I don't get enough of it and I spend way to much time thinking about it. Not sure how to fix this one!! I should be sleeping right now but...number 2 and 3 are depending on me to do number 4 and 5 before it is time for number 6.

OK...well I have ranted enough...And now it is time for me to do something about it...I have made an Executive Decision!!

I am going on vacation...ALONE!! Unless, of course, some of you want to join me??

Now, those of you who know me, know that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick up and go anywhere alone...I can't even go to the bathroom alone, let alone half way across the world...So I have decided to go on a virtual vacation...so...Let's Go!!!

I just closed my bedroom door (and locked it, there are now 3 members of number 2 knocking on it...something about a doughnut...only God knows...). OK, the "Doughnut Heist of 2009" has been resolved (see CNN for details)...

I am at my computer (which for this vacation is actually me Teletransporter) and I am about to be beamed up and away to...Seychelles and the North Island Luxury Resort PLEASE join me on this MUCH needed vacation of the mind....

Seychelles’ 115 granite and coral islands extend from between 4 and 10 degrees south of the equator and lie between 480km and 1,600km from the east coast of Africa in the western Indian Ocean.
I am already feeling more relaxed just knowing that I am going to be soooo far away from numbers 1-6...but there is more!!!

Here is an aerial view of the island...WOW!!!

Now that we are here...We have a HUGE decision to make...What to do first???....Uhmmmm...Decisions Decisions...

I think we should check into the Villa first...

Now that we are all comfy and have changed into our swimsuits (oh...for this excursion...I am now a PERFECT size 8 so my swim suit is HOT!!! But, it is NOT a thong). I think we should go to the Piazza and see what's going on...

Perhaps I will sit here and read a book...what do you think...there is room for you too! Did you bring a book too??

Well, if not...don't worry. We can just borrow one from the library...


I just finished the last chapter of my book...you finished yet?? How about a dip in the main pool?

Why don't we go shower, change and have lunch on the beach??

Gurrrllll...who are these people at our table?? Oh no she di'int sit these people at OUR table....But that's OK...let's eat at the East Beach instead...It has more atmosphere anyway!!

Since this is vacation...I think that I will start with dessert!! What are you going to have???

Your food looks good too...what is that?? Can I taste it??

Yummmm....I wish my husband was here...He LOVES seafood!!

I am stuffed...what should we do now??? Ohhh...I know...How about a bike ride around the beach? You game??

Well...we could go snorkeling if you'd like?? Or do you want to wait and save that for tomorrow??

What time is it??? Wow...it is almost time for dinner. I have an idea...how about a trip to the spa before we eat again? Or better yet...let's have a Spa Dinner...and a nice soothing massage...


I don't know about you...but BOY could I use a good rest!! I am going back to the villa take a warm bath and turn in for the night! What about you?? What are you going to do??

Well that was just day one...I honestly believe that seven days of this might kill me!! If I could have that kind of freedom and pampering everyday for seven days...I could die a VERY HAPPY woman...

Well, it is time to check out...and low and behold...look who is here...Our good friend Bill...this little LUXURY getaway has set us back AT LEAST (and I stress the words "AT LEAST") $3,723.19 per person per night. This rate does include EVERYTHING except our spa services and air fare. Our grand total...for two people to stay at this resort for seven days is...

$52,124.66

Welcome back to REALITY...I hope that you enjoyed the trip...I know that I did...

~Marquita

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and much needed vacation. If I had the cash, it would be well worth every cent to go on that vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee' W (Memphis, TN)April 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM

    (Love your blog, Quita!). This Monday morning, I came in to work ready to produce and you reeled me right on in with you on this vacation. I haven't been able to focus at my desk for trying to squeeze in reading a line here & there every hour and checking the site. So, I just finished reading this to the end at lunch. I AM FEELING "Real Tired" too of 1 thru 6. So, I was on board all the way from "Lock the Door", the "atmosphere", then "Desert First".....til you snapped me out of it with that price tag in red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 15 seconds. That's pretty good. I never even get to 1 second of the house being clean. Will follows me around getting everything back out as I put it away. I'm in such a need of a vacation. Preferably a less expensive one. But a nice massage does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee' W (Memphis, TN)April 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM

    I just took another 5 minute virtual vacation to the islands. Refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know exactly how you feel....

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online