Saturday, April 11, 2009

Black is Back!!

When I got married...fifteen years ago, my wedding colors were black, ivory and red. My dress and my dad's tux were ivory and my bouquet was two dozen long stem red roses wrapped with red ribbon. My husband wore a black tux with a red tie and cummerbund. My bridesmaids wore black suits with ivory collars. The groomsmen wore black tuxes with black ties and cummerbunds. Well...I suppose I was a black girl way back then!!

My first wedding cost about $3,000. The budget for my next wedding is going to be $2,000 or less. Now that I have found and embraced my inner Marquita...I am convinced that I can throw a LAVISH event on a pocket lint budget.

When we renew our vows, I want to do it like a REAL black girl!! I want to make EVERY black girl in the world proud!! I think that the actual ceremony will be VERY small...limited to close friends and family and of course all of you will be invited. So the invitations will be to the LAVISH reception that I am planning. Here are a few invites that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE:

Picture 1.
Picture 2.
Picture 3.

Picture 4.


Which one do you like them most??? Let me know. Leave a comment and tell me which number you like and the invite that gets the most votes is the one that I will re-create and post pictures of.


Here are a few ideas for the reception:


I LOVE them ALL!!! This could be the tackiest reception in the world. Actually, there are elements of each that I like and given the right amount of time...I could easily incorporate them into a FANTASTIC table and atmosphere. I must admit that flower arranging is my kryptonite...It kills me every time. Soooooo....I expect a great part of my budget will go to The Pained Daisy. I am sure that she can hook a sistah up!!

Did I mention to y'all that I can make and decorate cakes?? Stay tuned for my next post where I show you pictures of the cakes that I like and the STUNNING outfit that I plan to wear...

Don't forget to shoot me a comment and tell me which invitation that you like the most so that I can create it...The one with the most votes wins. You have from today until Tuesday, 4/14 to vote.

~Quita

2 comments:

  1. Renee' W (Memphis, TN)April 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

    It took me a while to decide. I had to sleep on this thang. Everything (invitations, table settings, atmosphere...) is so beutiful! I am torn between #3 and #4, but I pick #4. One more look... Yep, #4. But, they are all so perfectly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online