Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am still alive...

Hi all...

It has been a little over a month since my last blog entry...I am REALLY, REALLY sorry!! I would like to say that this was a social experiment to see how many of you missed me...but it was not. I was me being WAY too BUSY. Since I last blogged...

1. I have been to hell and back-aka Washington DC with 68 fifth graders, 39 semi-disgruntled parent chaperone's, 9 different PROFESSIONAL bus drivers who did not know how to use GPS, 1 male tour guide who never spoke above a whisper, 3 fifth grade teachers, 1 dean of students, 1 building sub, 1 educational assistant, a stalker, a beaver tail and one REALLY stinky bus toilet.

2. I have been preparing for the last few weeks of school by cleaning out my classroom, doing assessments, filling out report cards, making "What happens in the Nest...Stays in the Nest" tee shirts, making hand print beach towels, cutting up hotdogs to make them look like octopi, eating bugs, adjusting to administrative changes, realizing that I make less that $3 above mininum wage and trying to remain sane.

3. I am so tired that I can't even think of the third thing that I have been REALLY busy doing...but believe me when I say that whatever it is/was...it is/was VERY important.

4. I have also been BUSY making photo card announcements as graduation gifts and for profit. When I switch computers...I will post a pic of my most favorite ones.

Well any way...I said all of the above so that you would know that while I have been negligent to my public...I have not been complacent!! I have just been REALLY busy and am REALLY tired. But those are just excuses...when I started this blog it was with the intent to "give the people what they want." So I apologize and ask for your forgiveness...(quick prayer: Dear Lord, PLEASE let them forgive me for my transgressions...I promise to do better in the future...in the very NEAR future, actually. Please Lord help them continue to be patient while I regroup and get back into the swing of things. Naomi, Alexander and Nicole will all start school on 7/10 and I promise to be more diligent about my blogging. ~amen).

I am going to try to get a post up this weekend and at least one a week from this point forward. School, for Naomi and I, will be out next Thursday (5/21) and that should free me up more.

Thank You to all of you who have emailed me and asked me "Hey...Where's Marquita?" To that I reply, "Right here!! Watch out world 'cause I am back!" Be on the look out for more crafts and more contests...

Thank you all for being patient with me...I promise to do better!!

~Quita

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I was just wondering if email account had spammed you and put your emails into a different folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee' W (Memphis, TN)May 19, 2009 at 5:33 PM

    I am going to disregard your excuses and still feel neglected. I may press charges since I am still a minor. (39 is still considered a minor in Tennessee).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuses, excuses, but darned good ones!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online